- Sutasnee Thabthim
GM – Communications & External Affairs
The Shell Company of Thailand Limited
The New Energy Future
The New Energy Future will need diverse energy sources to meet rising demand. Managing emissions and better energy use will help safeguard the environment and conserve resources. New energy sources and getting more from existing resources will secure energy for decades to come.
A new energy future is dawning. It will be powered by multiple energy sources, from cleaner fossil fuels to renewable. The world will be on the road to sustainable mobility.
Government incentives and new technology will help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and safeguard the environment. But society must also use energy more efficiently and secure new sources to meet surging long-term demand.
At Shell, they’re ready to help tackle the challenges of the new energy future.
**New Energy Future advertising campaign ran up until May 2009**
The New Energy Future
By 2050 CO2 emissions must fall by half, yet energy demand is likely to double. A combination of measures is needed, including a price for CO2. Shell is involved in a number of carbon capture and storage demonstration projects. And our coal gasification technology produces less CO2 than conventional coal burning.
Long-term energy demand will continue to soar. Shell is pushing the frontiers of energy exploration and squeezing more from existing resources to unlock new energy for the future.
Learning to use energy more efficiently can help conserve resources and reduce greenhouse gases. We continuously seek to improve energy use in our own operations and we help customers save fuel through our more efficient fuels and lubricants.
The world is hungry for energy. Meeting this demand will take multiple resources. Shell is developing lower CO2 sources of energy, like natural gas. We are involved in wind energy and we continue to develop our capacity in conventional and advanced biofuels.
You may also like:
- Chevron: Caring for the Environment
- BP: The Alternative Energy Business
- Mohawk Fine Papers: Commitment to Sustainability
- Mitrphol Sugar Group: Sugar Industry to the Bio-mass Industry in Thailand
- Thai Sugar Mill: From Sugar Business to Renewable Energy Business
- The Largest Solar Power Plant Project in Thailand
- Bio-methane in pipeline as an alternative vehicle fuel
- The Project “Sustainable Palm Oil Production for BioEnergy”
- The First Polymer Energy Project of Thailand and Southeast Asia
- Thailand’s Largest Wind Turbine Unveiled